Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Demand Treats for Chickens

As the trend continues to consider the chickens we keep in our backyards as pets rather than just a convenient source of fresh eggs, mans second best friend (however you want to rank them as a pet) deserves all that is associated with being a pet. No self respecting dog owner would ever deprive Fido of some sort of dog treat so why should should any pet chicken go without such pleasures. The answer is really very simple; there are no treats being manufactured for our pet chickens. Sure there a probably things we can give our chickens and call treats, like the occasional handful of greens but its not the same as reaching into a box of treats that you carefully and thoughtfully selected for your pet because like the box says "They go wild for Fun Time treats!" or some silly slogan that implies your pet is not having fun without them. So lets make some noise and make sure the pet industry understands if you can have treats for lizards (and they do) then there most certainly is room in this great big world for chicken treats!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if I would give my chickens treats but my kids might get a kick out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why not!! I think this is a great idea!!!
    I would buy them in heart beat if I could find such a thing.

    ReplyDelete